Shields School of Business to Host Student Appreciation Day

The Shields School of Business will host its third annual “Student Appreciation Day” on Friday, April 28.

This event offers backyard games, music, food, beverages and a good time to socialize with other students and faculty members. It is a celebration of all the hard work and effort put forth by students since the start of the semester.

John Miko, Associate Dean of the SSOB, came up with the idea to celebrate the School’s students and recognize their commitment to their studies with an event outside of the traditional classroom setting several years ago.

“I started Student Appreciation Day as a way for students, faculty and alums to congregate and show their pride in their relationship with the SSOB.”

SSOB Administrative Assistant and Special Events Coordinator Lianna Weir has also assisted in the planning and organizing of this year’s event.

“This is a great day to relax and wind down from the spring semester,” said Weir. “It’s fun for faculty and students to spend time together before graduation and summer break.”

Participants can look forward to plenty of good food – with the Dean of the SSOB, Randy Frye, serving as grill master – and spirited competition on the mall.

“My favorite part is playing yard games with the students,” said Miko. “It is fun to compete and see everyone get involved.”