CEO Club to Host Competition for Aspiring Entrepreneurs

The University’s CEO Club will be hosting SF-U-Pitch on March 16 at 7 p.m.

The competition will be held in DiSepio 213/214 and is open to all SFU undergraduate students.

Students can compete in the “Shark Tank-esque” event for a chance to win up to $2,500.

“Entrepreneurship expands much farther than business, and we want SF-U-Pitch to bring light to that idea,” said Anna Sholtes, a sophomore finance major and one of the student leaders in the CEO Club.

“If you have an idea for a company/product/service, pitch it!”

Originally known as Invest in Success, SF-U-Pitch is an opportunity for students with creative and entrepreneurial ideas to win seed money and receive advice from staff members at the University’s Small Business Development Center, as well as from faculty and administrators in the Shields School of Business.

“S-F-U-Pitch is a great opportunity for anyone who has a unique business idea,” said senior Kristy Hile.

“Whether it is a brand new idea, or been in motion, this competition could be what you need to jump-start your future.”

Interested applicants have until March 4 at noon to submit proposals. Both individual and group proposals will be considered.

“The first round will be based off of the online submissions and the judges will choose between five to seven business ideas to present live during the final competition on March 16,” said Sholtes.

“The live final competition will be judged by different business experts. The final round judges will not only decide who wins, but they will also serve as mentors to participants to help kick-start their ideas.”

If you have any questions regarding the competition, email ceoclub@francis.edu.