Gatorade Pong raises record amount

Danielle Gryckiewicz, Assistant Editor

This year the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee raised $1,405 for the Zack Hinish Foundation at its 5th annual Gatorade Pong tournament.

This is the most amount of money that has ever been raised through Gatorade Pong, which was held this year on Nov. 21.

The foundation is in honor of Zack Hinish who passed away at the age of five. Hinish struggled with neurological diseases; however, that never stopped him from living life to the fullest.

The foundation is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping children deal with cognitive or physical disabilities.

“It is tremendous to see this event grow every year and also continue to set records with the amount of money raised for the Zack Hinish Foundation,” said Associate Director of Athletics John Krimmel.

Michael Fox and Johnny Sheesley (team name: Alpha Kenny Wun) received first place; Angelo Perrucci and Zane Stewart (team name: Pappa Roochres) received second; and Damian Smith and Dalton Cesarz (team name: The Muffin Stuffers) received third.

Gatorade Pong is an exciting event for SAAC because the entire Saint Francis community comes together to make the event successful.

SAAC also teamed up with Greek Life this year to get more of the Saint Francis community involved.

Participants were required to get creative from their team names to the costumes that they wore to Gatorade Pong.

Brent Zierer, who signed with the Red Flash Football team through Team Impact last year, also attended the event.

“SAAC has done a great job putting together an event that brings ALL students together for a fun and safe evening; while also making a difference in the community,” said Krimmel.

In the past five years SAAC has raised $5,337 for the Zack Hinish Foundation through Gatorade Pong and Mr. SFU, an event held in the Spring.

All of SAAC was involved in the event; however, Vice President of SAAC Liz Momeyer, should be recognized for organizing and making the event possible.