SGA Proposes Ice Machines in Residence Halls

The Saint Francis Student Government Association has been hard at work this semester, trying to make a positive difference in the lives of the University’s students.

SGA projects currently underway include: 1.) addressing issues with the pool; and 2.) working with Faculty Senate on a Feedback Proposal, which was originally discussed almost a year ago in March of 2022.

One of the most recent items under consideration by the SGA is the possibility of installing ice machines in the residence halls on campus.

“We’re working on getting ice machines,” said Matthew Harris, SGA’s Vice President of Communications.

Business Manager Miranda Weiland agreed that getting ice machines on campus is a priority. She also noted that SGA is working on acquiring merchandise for Torvian.

“SGA really works to be the voice of the students on campus,” said Weiland.

“We listen to student concerns from all over and create solutions or improvements to the best of our abilities.”

One improvement that SGA President Isaac Johnsen wants to make is a renewed focus on students’ mental health.

Johnsen said he is especially concerned about the harmful aspects of social media.

SGA meetings are held every Thursday night at 7 p.m. in JFK Lounge. All are welcome to attend. CES credits are available for attendance at these meetings.