Shields School of Business Announces Spring EIRs

The Shields School of Business recently announced its “EIR” line-up for the spring semester.

Each semester, administrators and faculty members in the School invite “Executives in Residence” to visit with students during class meetings.

These working professionals share stories about their experiences in their respective fields with current SFU students, many of whom aspire to work in the same field or a related one.

This spring’s line-up was organized by SSOB Dean Randy Frye, Associate Dean John Miko and Special Events Coordinator Lianna Weir.

The goal of the EIR program is to provide students with information that will help them make a smooth transition from the classroom to the workforce, while establishing a network of valuable contacts in the process.

Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Michael DelGrosso from DelGrosso Foods visited with student in several Marketing classes on Feb. 1 to kick off this semester’s line-up.

“It was exciting to have Michael DelGrosso share his expertise with my students,” said Assistant Professor of Marketing Kim Flanders.

Other upcoming Executives in Residence include WTAE-TV Meteorologist Brian Hutton, who will speak with Communications students on Feb. 16, and Mike Lyons, Executive Vice President at PNC Bank, who will visit with Finance students on April 18.

Accounting professionals Andy Holzer, Lindsey Jerin and Nick Stellabotte will visit with students studying this discipline on April 13 and 14.

“I think it will be very useful to hear from people who hold positions we could potentially apply for in the future,” said junior Marketing and Management double-major Aubrey Deptula.