Student-Athlete Mentors to Sponsor De-Stress Fest

The Center for Student-Athlete Development and Academic Services, in collaboration with the Student-Athlete Mentors (SAMs) Organization, will be holding a campus-wide “De-Stress Fest” from Nov. 28-30. The event is free and open to all students, faculty and staff.

On Nov. 28 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., several faculty members will be pie’d in the face and desserts will be served.

On Nov. 29 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., hot chocolate and pictures with Santa will be available outside of Padua Hall.

On Nov. 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., positive bookmarks, brownies and stuffed animals will be provided outside of Padua.

In addition to the campus-wide activities, three different relaxation-themed baskets will be raffled off via Instagram during the three-day event.

“De-Stress Fest is a good way for students to have fun during a high-intensity week,” said Shannon Corbett, Associate Director for Student-Athlete Development and Academic Services.

“It is an opportunity for students to smile and laugh while preparing for their finals.”

Senior Accounting major and SAMs leader Kelly Dickson said she is looking forward to the event.

“It is a great way to finish the semester strong,” said Dickson. “During finals week and the days that lead up to it, these events are an outlet for students to relieve some stress and enjoy some fun activities.

“I always look forward to these events!”