Executives-in-Residence Series Continues in SSOB

Three SFU alumni will return to campus on Sept. 29 and 30 to kick off the Shields School of Business’ Fall 2022 Executives-in-Residence (EIR) Series.

Through this program, alumni return to campus to share their knowledge and experiences with current students.

The EIRs visiting campus later this month are Pete Freyer, Tim Smith and Julie Yasko.

“The EIR Program has been a tremendous vehicle for showing our students the types of professional careers that are available,” said John Miko, Associate Dean of the SSOB.

Freyer will bring a depth of data knowledge to campus. The 2010 graduate currently serves as head of Data, Management Information and Product Management for the Risk and Compliance functions at HSBC.

Smith graduated from the University with degrees in Marketing and Management. He is a Strategic Account Executive at CVS Caremark.

Smith focuses on client product and service relationship management at CVS Caremark.

Yasko is Director of Product for Salesforce Marketing in Business Technology (IT). Yasko’s team builds technology for Salesforce employees, as well as the general public.

The Executives-in-Residence Series is an extension of the SSOB’s Backpack-to-Briefcase Program.

This program helps students build professional experience and provides them with opportunities to network through various initiatives, including the EIR Series, Mentorship Day, the Problem-Seeking Solutions Program, the Resume Challenge, co-curricular clubs and SSOB excursions.

“The series of events and programs that comprise the Backpack-to-Briefcase Program have helped our students advance their professional journey,” said Miko.

Additional EIRs will visit campus later this semester.