University to Offer Doctor of Education Degree

The University has announced the launch of its first-ever research-based executive doctorate program.

As of Jan. 24, Francis Worldwide began accepting applications for the new Executive Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Leadership and Innovation Program.

Tricia McFadden, Dean of Francis Worldwide, will oversee the launch and execution of the program.

The program’s curriculum will provide working professionals with the necessary skills to lead an organization through strategic innovation and sustainability within today’s competitive global economy.

“There’s nothing like it,” said McFadden. “This program is completely new.”

The program will be delivered primarily online, with an in-person weekend residency once a semester.

The program will take approximately 32 months for students to complete. Doctoral dissertation work will be embedded within the curriculum. Faculty and administrators of the program will work with students so that they can complete the degree requirements while working full-time.

“This program was created to target existing leaders,” said McFadden.

Upon completion of the program, McFadden believes that graduates will possess enhanced leadership abilities. This includes the ability to improve a business’ efficiency, effectiveness and competitive advantage.

According to McFadden, not only will students leave with an array of leadership skills upon completion of the program, but they will also leave with the principles and fundamental convictions that an ethics-based education, grounded in Catholic values, provides.