Spring Semester Scheduling Tips

Getty Images

shot of school suppliescheck out my other school supplies shots

Scheduling for the spring semester is right around the corner. The registration period will open on Nov. 1 for those who hold senior status in credits and will continue until Nov. 5.

The spring semester schedule is currently available for viewing on my.francis, so students can begin considering courses and planning ahead. It’s always helpful to get an idea of what classes you will be taking early on.

Faculty have begun scheduling advising meetings with students, so make sure you check your email for messages from your advisor.

Associate Professor of Communications Kelly Rhodes advises students to spend time reviewing course offerings and creating a list of options, along with back-ups in case a class fills before you register.

Rhodes also said it’s helpful to look at other related disciplines to see if any classes outside of your specific field of study will fulfill requirements on your transcript.

Many disciplines across the University’s three schools offer classes that fulfill requirements for all students – this can help you complete your paradigm if conflicts arise and classes full before it’s your turn to schedule.

Senior accounting major Ashlee Mazurak recommended scheduling courses with professors you’ve already had so that you know what to expect and are familiar with their teaching styles.

Mazurak also noted that you can’t always schedule classes during the times most convenient for you. She advises students to build your schedule in a way that you can manage your time efficiently.

For more information about spring semester registration or scheduling, contact your advisor, department chair or the Registrar’s Office.