Shields School of Business to Host Fourth Annual Mentorship Day, Oct. 8

The Shields School of Business will host its fourth annual Mentorship Day on Friday, Oct. 8.

“Mentorship Day is a day-long professional development and networking event that links Saint Francis University undergraduate business students with volunteer alumni through various educational sessions,” said John Miko, Associate Dean of the School of Business.

Mentorship Day provides an opportunity to connect students to alumni and other professionals for career advice, guidance and support. Students gain deeper insight into their own career goals.

“It’s a great experience talking to alumni,” said Kyle Simmonds, a senior Communications major in the Shields School of Business. “I came to college not sure what I wanted to do, but talking to those who have had the same professors like me and are working really helps me see what my interests are.”

For alumni, these interactions provide an opportunity to give back, reconnect and strengthen their relationship with the University in an active way.

Panel sessions with various alumni-mentors will be conducted from 9 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. throughout Schwab Hall on Oct. 8. Following the panel sessions, there will be Meet-a-Mentor one-on-one sessions available.