SGA Discusses New Course Offerings, Conducts Spring Semester Town Hall

The Student Government Association met in JFK Lounge for its weekly Senate meeting on April 8.

New Parliamentarian Kristi Hile was sworn into the Executive Board and there was discussion about new courses being added to the University’s curriculum offerings.

The Shields School of Business will add five new courses in several different programs in the fall. These include: ACCT 310 Accounting Information Systems; COMM 340 Graphic Design; CJ 215 Dilemmas, Morality, and Responsibility in Criminal Justice; MGMT 221 Event Planning and Management; and MGMT 335 Financing Entrepreneurial Ventures.

“These courses will be added as new major or minor electives for various Shields School of Business departments,” said Sen. Mackenzie Wisniewski.

“They have been approved and passed for the next academic year.”

The Education Department is also revising some of its courses. EDUC 450 Student Teaching in Elementary, Special Education, and Early Childhood Education will now be EDUC 450 Student Teaching.

EDUC 432 Early Childhood Methods II will be changed from a six-credit course to a three-credit offering.

SGA’s biannual Town Hall Meeting was held on April 14 in JFK Auditorium. The event was in-person, with some participants joining the meeting via Zoom.

Administrators who participated included: Father Malachi Van Tassell, President; Karan Powell, Vice President of Academic Affairs; Jeff Savino, Vice President for Finance and Administration; Don Miles, Associate Dean of Student Development; Eric Allen, Captain of University Police; and Reggie Esmi, General Manager of Dining Services.