Covid Resources Canvas Page Launched, Snow Tubing Park Opens

The Student Government Association met for its regular meeting in JFK Lounge on Feb. 18. 

The Senate discussed new business, including the launch of a Covid Resources Canvas page, information about delays and cancellations, and the official opening date of the Lakeview Snow Tubing park. 

SGA President Alex Kiepert collaborated with SFU Vice President for Communications and Marketing Erin McCloskey on the creation of the Covid Resources Canvas page.

The page provides information about current Covid policies and regulations on campus. 

“Feel free to reference that at your convenience, or whenever you or your friends find themselves confused about Covid-19 practices,” Kiepert said.

Another topic discussed at last week’s SGA session was an upcoming meeting with Director of Residence Life Don Miles. SGA plans to discuss protocols for announcing delay and cancellation information with Miles. 

Due to the heavy and frequent snowfall Loretto has experienced this winter, many students are curious to know what factors into the decision regarding whether the school will operate on a delayed schedule, or close for in-person class meetings. 

“I will be asking questions regarding how virtual days will be implemented in case of a need for a cancellation,” said SGA Sen. Abbie Young.  

Lastly, the Lakeview Snow Tubing park officially opened on Sunday, Feb. 21. It was also available for use on Wednesday, Feb. 24. 

In order to snow tube at the park, students are required to fill out a waiver form, after which they will receive a lift ticket. 

More dates that the park will be available to students will be announced soon.