Zanzuccki Media Center Dedicated at Ribbon-Cutting Event

Faculty and administrators within the Shields School of Business dedicated and officially opened the Zanzuccki Communications Media Center on the ground floor of Schwab Hall on Aug. 30.

Dave DeGol, whose family donated money to the project and requested that the Communications Program’s new facility be named in honor of Dr. Albert Zanzuccki, spoke at the dedication ceremony.

Zanzuccki was chairman of the Saint Francis business program from 1946-84. “Dr. Zan” served as a professor of accounting and also worked in the school’s Advancement Office after retiring as a faculty member.

“My father always looked up to Dr. Zan,” said DeGol a 1970 graduate of Saint Francis who had Zanzuccki as a teacher during his undergraduate studies.

“He (Zanzuccki) was your father while you were on this campus,” said DeGol.

The ribbon was cut by upperclass students in the Communications Program, University administrators and faculty members, as well as two of Zanzuccki’s daughters, Linda Myron (Saint Francis Class of 1972) and Regina Ponchione (Saint Francis Class of 1976).

Both of Zanzuccki’s daughters spoke about their father’s love for Saint Francis at the ribbon-cutting event.

The new Media Center replaces the Communications Program’s former MacLab, which had been located on the ground floor of Scotus Hall. Communications and Marketing students will work on audio and video production and design and editing projects at the Zanzuccki Media Center and the center will serve as the headquarters for the Troubadour, Saint Francis’ student new outlet.

“The new center is conveniently located next to Adamucci’s Café, has a great view of the football field, and holds attractive signage and design that provide Communications students with a tangible identity within the school,” said Kelly Rhodes, chair of the Communications and Criminal Justice Department.

The Communications Program moved from the former School of Arts and Letters into the Shields School of Business during last year’s University-wide academic reorganization.

Faculty within the Communications and Marketing programs at the University have been working on ways for students in both majors to pursue coursework within these complementary disciplines since last year’s reorganization.

In addition to a Communications major, the Communications Program also offers SFU students the opportunity to pursue a Communications minor or Digital Media concentration.