SFU throws first SnoBall Feb. 11

Saint Francis and the University’s Student Nursing Organization will host its first-ever winter formal on Saturday, Feb. 11, at the JFK Student Center.

“The SnoBall event is a chance for students to get dressed up in the winter for a formal sit-down dinner and dance with your date or friends,” said Bobby Anderson, director of SFU’s Center for Student Engagement.

The event will provide attendees with light snacks and drinks, followed by a formal dinner.

“The SnoBall provides the opportunity to eat great food [and also get] free, professional pictures with your friends,” said Anderson.

Jordan Troxell is the president of the Student Nursing Organization and one of the event’s organizers.

“We wanted to raise money for the Student Nursing Organization,” said Troxell. “We looked at the calendar of events that typically happen on campus year after year, and we recognized that winter formals are something we don’t host.

“We had discussions with the Student Activities Organization on the details, and they decided to promote the event.”

Tickets for the SnoBall are $20 for individuals and $30 for couples. Troxell said ticket sales are going well.

Tickets can be purchased on SFU’s OrgSync site. Questions about the event can be directed to the Center of Student Engagement (472-3005).