Annual Involvement Fair held in JFK

More than 80 clubs and organizations recruited new members at SFU’s annual Involvement Fair, held August 31 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the JFK Lounge.

“It’s one-stop shopping for all your club and organization needs,” said Facilities and Events Coordinator Lori Schrift, who was in charge of planning the Involvement Fair. “It’s an opportunity where everyone comes together and anyone who wants to join a club or organization can come on one night.”

For students that needed CES (Community Enrichment Service) credit, the Involvement Fair offered credit to those that swiped in, as well as the Great Greek Meet-and-Greet shortly after. Campus Ministry also offered CES credit for their Unite Bonfire later that night. An estimated 230 students swiped in.

According to Schrift, about 300 to 400 students attended the fair, including those who worked the tables.

Matthew Crawford, a senior, digital media communications major, is the president of the Anime Anonymous club on campus. The club has attended the Involvement Fair three times so far, and looks forward to more in the future. “I would say it was as successful as last year,” said Crawford. “We signed up about twelve new people that were interested.”

The Involvement Fair has been a staple of SFU history for well over 40 years and will continue in the years to come.