Students celebrate Safe Saint Patty’s Weekend

Juwaan Bellamy, Reporter

Saint Patrick’s Day was met with great enthusiasm at Saint Francis. Students from around campus gathered for the many activities held over weekend.

The weekend started off on Friday with the dance team’s showcase. Students were given the opportunity to showcase their talents.

“I have been playing the guitar for a year and two months,” said Matthew Kaewell, a participant of the showcase. “I think I had a good performance and I always loved performing in front of people.”

The women’s lacrosse team also had a game on Friday against the Duquesne Dukes. Unfortunately, the flash girls were bested by the Lady Dukes.

Saturday’s activities were kicked off by a comedic show by Jason Mayfield, also an actor and writer.

Following the comedian was the university’s 90s themed dance to cap the end of the night. Students were encouraged to wear clothing or any type of representation from the 1990s.

“I wore red chuck taylors, jean shorts, a short sleeve button up with nerdy glasses to represent the 1990s,” said freshman Herb Stelly, when asked what he wore to represent the era. “They also played great music at the dance. I am glad I was born in the 90s.

The movie, Mandela, was played Friday and Saturday in Frankies at seven and twice on Sunday in the JFK auditorium.