Business Day Returns After Three-Year Hiatus

The Shields School of Business will host the 19th edition of its “Business Day” on Friday. This event allows students from area high schools to participate in hands-on business-related activities with students and faculty members in the School.

The event returns after a three-year hiatus due to the global pandemic. Angela Seidel, an Associate Professor of Accounting and SSOB undergraduate department chair, has led organizational efforts for the event.

Seidel stressed, however that it has been a team approach in preparing for Friday’s activities.

“I would not be able to do it without the support that I have received from faculty and students within the School.”

One of those assisting in planning and organizing the event is Assistant Professor of Marketing Kim Flanders.

Students in Flanders’ Event Planning course are also assisting in the organization of the day’s events. They are involved in many aspects of the day’s agenda, from recruiting participants for student panels to executing surveys to participating directly in Business Day events.

“This is a great way for my Event Planning class to gain the experience of overseeing an event from start to finish,” said Flanders.

Activities planned for Business Day include an educational lecture on the University generally and the Shields School of Business specifically, a student panel titled “Trust Me, I’m a Business Major,” as well as competitive and non-competitive hands-on activities for the visiting high school students.