Coffee Company Celebrates Anniversary, Gains Popularity with Students

Biddle’s Brewing is a locally owned coffee truck that has steadily gained popularity with SFU students.

The truck can be found on St. Mary’s Street in the lot across from Smithmyer’s Superette on Sunday and Monday mornings until 1 p.m., and until 11 a.m. on Thursdays.

Owners Britt and Mike Biddle expressed their gratitude for the continued support they have received from both the Saint Francis and Loretto communities.

“Our biggest priority from day one has been giving back to our small towns,” said Britt, who is originally from Loretto herself.

Britt said that the couple’s goal for their company was to invest in small towns by creating a welcoming space where people can gather.

When they moved back to this area after graduating from college, they recognized a need for a business like the one they operate now.

Biddle’s Brewing currently serves each of the owners’ hometowns, Williamsburg and Loretto. Both Britt and Mike are very passionate about their coffee – they recently welcomed a new puppy to the Biddle family and named him Nitro.

The company celebrated it’s one-year anniversary last October. They first introduced their business to Loretto last spring as the school year was ending.

When the 2022 fall semester started, they decided to establish a schedule for their truck in both Williamsburg and Loretto.

“It was fun to see students come regularly and tell us they were going to class or practice,” said Britt. “Then they would tell their friends and a new group of students would come the next week.

“We are still getting to meet new people every week.”

Junior Marketing and Management double-major Arianna Keller started working at Biddle’s Brewing earlier this semester. She became one of the Biddles’ regular customers during the fall semester and she decided to apply for a position.

“They were always so friendly and I could just tell they genuinely cared about their customers and communities,” said Keller. “They are great people to work for.”

The couple recently announced that a brick-and-mortar location is in the works at their Williamsburg location.

They hope to have a permanent location in Loretto in the future as well.

Britt said that the company plans to continue serving Loretto during the upcoming summer. They are also planning to add more hours of availability in Loretto next semester, as well as a wider selection of treats and beverages.