A Message From SGA President Isaac Johnsen

“Autumn carries more gold in its pockets than all the other seasons.”
– Jim Thorpe

The students of Saint Francis University know this more than most students at other colleges. As I walk our campus in late August, I can already see the signs of another fall: the trees have become light green in preparation for their colorful transition; the sun is warm, but the breeze is cool; and students have returned to the school among the pines.

My name is Isaac Johnsen. I am your Student Government Association President. Whether you are new to our campus, returning, or preparing to finish your journey at SFU, I am glad to represent you. In the past few weeks, I have become more and more excited for this fall semester, especially after welcoming the Class of 2026. They are a dynamic group that will achieve incredible things!

The SGA has an exciting new vision for this year. Through the ideas of compassion, empathy and integrity, we hope to make your student government more welcoming and receptive to your concerns. We will be increasing our communication with the student body and surveying you at times throughout the academic year, as well as creating incentives for students to attend our weekly meetings (at 6 p.m. every Thursday in JFK).

More importantly, we want to focus on mental health and wellness for all students. The SGA is supporting a new Active Minds Chapter on campus. This organization is committed to replacing the stigma around mental health through community support. Additionally, we will be holding an event after Fall Break focusing on mental wellness.

This fall, I wish you all the best academically, socially and spiritually. If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to me at irj400@francis.edu or through the SGA account. We are here for you!