Upcoming Career Expo Provides Students Networking Opportunity

The Career Services Department will again be hosting its annual Spring Career Expo. The event will be held in-person in the DeGol Arena of the Stokes Center on March 31.

Now in its 22nd year, the Career Expo provides a valuable networking opportunity for students. More than 70 different employers and graduate schools will be at Stokes on Wednesday for the event.

Numerous fields, including various areas of the health sciences, business and engineering will be represented at the Career Expo, allowing students of many majors the opportunity to meet and speak with various professionals.

Networking, both in-person and online, is essential when conducting a job or internship search. The Career Expo provides an opportunity for students to explore a variety of different industries while building their own network.

“Networking enables a student to utilize connections and can be more effective than relying solely on a resume,” said SFU Career Services Director Beth McGregor.

“The Career Expo – held right here on campus – provides a wonderful opportunity for students to network and connect in person with employer and graduate school representatives.”

McGregor encouraged students interested in attending the Expo to print a few hardcopies of their resume to hand out to employers, and to dress in a professional manner (business casual).

McGregor also recommended that students practice a short “elevator speech” – one they can use to introduce themselves to company representatives.

All students who register for the Career Expo at the registration table will be automatically entered into a drawing for prizes. These prizes include a pair of Apple Airpods and Amazon gift cards.

“We always tell students that job/internship searching, exploring careers, and connecting with employers will never get any easier than only having to walk across campus and have the opportunity to talk with over 70 organizations,” said McGregor.