Students Return to Ambialet For Winter and Spring Sessions

SFU students were back at the University’s campus in Ambialet, France, during winter break. On Nov. 29, 15 students (Emily Claar, Kelly Dickson, Erika Ellison, Liz Fisher, Sierra Gearhart, Francisco Hernandez, Elisabeth Hook, Hannah Horvath, Emily Huff, Reegan Miller, Lauren Moore, Anna Maria Parrish, Sophie Rice, Sydney Scott and Kimberly Sweeney), along with Fine Arts Instructor Martha O’Brien, said their goodbyes to friends and family as they departed on a three-week adventure to Europe.

From their home in Ambialet, O’Brien and the students visited historic villages and religious sites throughout southern France. Also on the group’s itinerary were visits to Christmas markets and historic sites in Germany, as well as a tour of Barcelona.

“The trip was so beautiful and each day was exciting and different,” said junior Physician Assistant major Emily Claar.

On Jan. 21, 17 students (Jada Bailey, Ashlyn Barcheck, Brenna Barnhart, Elizabeth Bason, Dominic Cacciotti, Kaitlyn Gannon, Jacob Garrity, Erin Gianneski, Gabriel Graham, Francisco Hernandez, Morgan McConnell, Elena Pontzius, Natalie Rodgers, Adam Smith, Genesis Straley, Ryan Vogt and Mackenzie Wisniewski), accompanied by Professor of Religious Studies Rosemary Bertocci, departed Loretto to spend the spring semester in Ambialet. The group’s itinerary includes trips to sites across southern France, and then north to Paris and south to Barcelona.