SFU Partners with Mainline Pharmacy to Distribute Covid Vaccine

Saint Francis Health Science students have helped to administer Covid-19 vaccines to frontline workers, as well as the greater community, over the last several weekends.

They will continue to assist in the distribution of the vaccine every weekend for the foreseeable future. These vaccinations take place on campus.

The vaccination initiative is the result of a partnership between the University and Mainline Pharmacy.  

Health Science students and faculty who are working in frontline healthcare settings received the Moderna Vaccine on Jan. 19. 

“We are blessed to be among the first university sites in Pennsylvania to be approved to distribute this life-saving vaccine – on campus – to our students and faculty who are on the frontlines,” said Father Malachi, president of Saint Francis. 

Many of those who received the vaccine at SFU praised the professionalism of the students who assisted in the process. 

“What I liked most about my experience was being able to put people’s minds at ease,” said Alice Frawley, a senior physician assistant major volunteering in the vaccination effort. “Receiving the vaccine is like finally catching a glimpse of light at the end of a tunnel. 

“I’m glad I could contribute to building hope.” 

Frawley is appreciative of the chance to help others during a very difficult time.

“I’m extremely grateful to have the opportunity to make a difference in the pandemic,” said the New York native. “Providing someone with that reassurance and comfort is heart-warming.”

Vaccines are being distributed according to Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines.

“It really brightens your day seeing their smiling faces right before receiving the vaccine,” said junior nursing major David Sullivan, who is also volunteering in the vaccine initiative.

“Words cannot express how amazing it feels to be able to make such an impact on people’s lives.” 

The University will serve as a site for even wider distribution once the vaccine’s Phase 1B and 1C roll-outs begin.