SGA Hosts Town Hall Meeting

SGA held its semiannual Town Hall Forum in JFK Auditorium on Dec. 2. 

At the event, SGA invites the student body to hear about accomplishments from the 2019 fall term, learn about campus updates, and have an opportunity to ask members of SFU’s administration questions. 

The panel of administrators at the event included Father Malachi, President of the University; Karan Powell, Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs; Jeff Savino, Vice President for Finance and Administration; Don Miles, Director of Residence Life; Eric Allen, Captain of the SFU Police; and Reggie Esmi, General Manager of Dining Services. 

Across from the administrative team on the JFK Auditorium stage sat the current 2019 SGA Executive Board. Each board member asked a question of the panelists.

Students in attendance at the event also asked questions of the administrative team. 

The 2019 SGA President, Teresa Narduzzi, presided over the evening’s agenda. She also discussed some of SGA’s accomplishments from this past term. 

“I look forward to Town Hall because it gives the SGA an opportunity to inform students about what we have been working on all semester,” said Narduzzi. 

“It also showcases the collaborative relationship that the SGA has with faculty, staff and administration.”

Bobby Anderson, the University’s Director of Student Engagement, agrees.

“It showcases the exceptional collaborative relationship the SGA shares with the faculty governance and administrative governance of the University,” said Anderson.

During the event, the ceremonial blessing of the SGA gavel took place and the newly elected SGA Executive Board was sworn in for 2020.