Full slate of activities for SGA in spring semester

The Student Government Association is anticipating a busy spring semester and encourages all students to mark April 9 on their calendars.

This is the date of SGA’s next Town Hall Meeting. It will be held in JFK at 7 p.m.

The Town Hall Meeting will be facilitated by members of SGA and, as in previous town halls, it will include a question-and-answer session with a panel of faculty members. The event provides a good opportunity for SFU students to talk to faculty about their concerns or other questions.

“I always look forward to this event” said SGA member David Cain.  “It is an amazing way for students and faculty to interact and directly ask questions.”

SGA members are excited about the significant changes that are being made regarding the future of the University.  The current student body will see the completion of the Sullivan Hall renovation and addition, as well as the renovation of Frankies by the start of next semester.

Teresa Narduzzi, president of SGA, said that Frankies will close on April 1 and construction will begin shortly thereafter.  Narduzzi said that SGA will provide information later this month regarding details about the new food options coming to JFK, as well as the locations on campus where flex cash can be used.

Narduzzi said that SGA is also working with campus police on preparing a comprehensive handbook regarding on-campus parking.

“This will help eliminate the confusion that has been occurring on campus as to where students can and cannot park,” said Narduzzi.

The SGA president said the new parking handbook will clear up questions regarding what is open or closed during what hours, as well as what times of the year certain lots are available.

The Student Government Association is also currently working with Karan Powell, interim Vice President of Academic Affairs, on issues related to the University’s ongoing academic program reviews.

While it will be a busy spring semester for SGA members, the University’s student government leaders are optimistic about what will come out of their work.

“As the buffer between students and faculty, we will keep doing our best to represent both sides well,” said Cain.