SFU welcomes author Andrea Pitzer

Back to Article
Back to Article

SFU welcomes author Andrea Pitzer

Andrea Pitzer is coming SFU on April 19, 2018, to speak in the Library Commons at 6:30 p.m. Pitzer will lecture about her novel, One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, which is about the modernization of concentration camps.

This event was originally scheduled for March 20 but was rescheduled due to inclement weather conditions.

Pitzer is a journalist and author from West Virginia. She currently lives in Washington D.C. After graduating from Georgetown, Pitzer attended MIT and Harvard before writing two books: The Secret History of Vladimir Nabokov and One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps.

Drs. Roxana Cazan and Sarah Myers made this event possible. Last year, SFU had a successful event hosting author Jennifer Teege, who wrote My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me. Cazan invites Pitzer to speak on a similar topic as Teege.

“The writing is very appealing and open to a wide audience, including individuals who do not have to have a degree in history,” said Cazan.

The event will be free to everyone who attends. It is a CES event for SFU students.

Cazan suggests students take advantage of the events SFU offers.

“Students can really benefit from taking advantage of all these activities that are free for them,” said Cazan. “They’re brought here to campus for them.”