Filed under News, Showcase, Video

Students Report on Museum Opening, School of Business and History of SFU’s Nickname

Students in “Broadcast News and Public Affairs” – a course taught by Communications faculty member Donna Menis – have produced news reports on a number of different topics throughout the 2016 fall semester.

In the news package below, Matt Crawford, Angel Creek and Hakeem Kinard share information about SFU’s Keirn Family World War II Museum, which opened with a blessing and dedication ceremony on Nov. 11.  The Communications students also share some memories of World War II through interviews with veterans of the conflict.

In the package below, one produced by Janiece Morton, Dominick Palguta and Tyler Skipper, the COMM 305 students share information about SFU’s Shields School of Business, which moved into its new home – recently renovated Schwab Hall – last July.

What’s in a name?  In the report below, produced by Kyasia Duling, Zach Salek and Amanda Schiavo, these Communications students explore the history of Saint Francis’ “Red Flash” nickname.