Semester-in-Siena Program Beginning in Spring 2017

SFU students will now have the opportunity to study abroad in Siena, Italy, for an entire semester, beginning in the spring of 2017.

Students will be able to experience a full semester immersed in the historic Tuscan town for the same cost as a semester at SFU’s main campus.

“We’re excited to add to the rich array of international opportunities for Saint Francis students,” said SFU Executive Director of International Education Tim Perkins. “Siena is a beautiful city, steeped in history, culture and remarkable architecture.”

The new study-abroad program is open to all SFU students, regardless of major, upon completion of at least one semester.

Students will be housed in Siena in apartments throughout the city, rather than residence halls.

Adjunct instructor of Italian Mary Jean Bujdos said the popularity and success of the Semester-in-France program in Ambialet and the Springtime-in-Italy program led to the efforts to explore starting a program in Siena.

“Our Springtime-in-Italy program has been extremely popular, offering students first-hand cultural, historical, and architectural involvement,” said Bujdos. “Whether a student has never studied abroad before, or wishes to return to Italy, I think they will cherish this chance of a lifetime.”

SFU’s Office of Study Abroad is currently accepting applications for the first semester in Siena next spring.

Anyone interested in the program should contact the Director of the Center for International Education, Juliana Horvath, for more information.