Saint Francis Mourns Loss of Dr. Zanzuccki

Saint Francis is mourning the loss of a giant in the history of the business program at the University.

Dr. Albert Zanzuccki, known to everyone around campus as “Dr. Zan,” died last Friday at age 99.  Zanzuccki served as chairman of the School of Business at SFU from 1946-84.

He was born in Colver, son of Francesco and Maria Zanzuccki.  He and his wife, Velsie, had four children.

Zanzuccki was a special agent for the Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) during World War II. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Indiana State Teachers College (now Indiana University of Pennsylvania), a master’s in education from the University of Pittsburgh and a doctorate in education from Penn State University.

Dr. Zan was a professor of accounting and chair of the School of Business at SFU for 38 years. Following his retirement as a professor emeritus, he worked in the University’s Advancement Office. In 2006, John and Sheila Connors established the Dr. Albert A. Zanzuccki endowed chair in business administration.

Zanzuccki’s family will receive friends from 2-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22, at the Immaculate Conception Chapel on campus, where a Christian burial mass will be held at noon on Wednesday.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to be made to the Dr. Albert Zanzuccki scholarship fund at Saint Francis.

From Staff Reports and Saint Francis Office of Marketing and Public Relations.