Track transitions from indoor to outdoor

Juwaan Bellamy, Reporter

Spring time is finally here and Saint Francis’ track team couldn’t be any more excited. The team is ecstatic for their outdoor season after the diligent effort at the IC4A & ECAC Championships.

“I worked hard to be qualified for the indoor championships,” said sophomore Trevor Shuler, sixth on the school’s all-time list for the 200 meter dash. “I am proud of the track team and can’t wait for outdoor.”

The male track team is led by sophomore Daryian Miles, while senior Brittany Johnson leads the female team.

“We have been working hard not only individually but also as a team,” said Daryian. “We make sure that everyone has the opportunity to succeed. The team is excited to participate in the upcoming season and I hope we will be able to be number one in the conference. I have faith in our abilities and wish the team good luck.”

“I was always taught that practice makes perfect,” said Captain Brittany Johnson when asked how she plans to prepare for the outdoor season. “So I will make sure that each day is a productive one.”

The coaching staff also strives to make sure that their student-athletes are prepared for the upcoming season.

“I am looking forward to this upcoming season,” said Teika Robinson, leading coach for the jumping unit. “I believe that there are great things to come and I’m looking forward to a successful outdoor season.”

The season opens with the Wake Forest Open in Winston-Salem, NC on March 21.