Enactus Club Organizes “Silly-String” Fundraiser

The Enactus Club will conduct a “Silly-String” Fundraiser to raise money for face shields.

Enactus will use the money it raises to produce face shields to donate to local hospitals, nursing homes and other places in need of them.

“Shields School of Business professors have the option to take cans – with their faces on them – to class for students to donate,” said Morgan Flack, a junior Enactus member and one of the leaders of this initiative.

The three SSOB professors that raise the most money will be silly-stringed by three students on Oct. 15 at 12:30 p.m. on the mall.

The Enactus Club will also establish a Venmo account as a means for other students, faculty and alumni to donate to the cause.

“I am extremely excited for it,” said junior Enactus member Hunter Longenecker. “It has been well-received by students and the participating professors.”

Enactus is an international organization dedicated to creating a better world, while developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators.

SFU’s Enactus group is currently working on two major projects – the Face Shields Project and Uwork. While the face shields project provides shields to area healthcare workers, Uwork helps get participants at the Altoona Center for Community Action and the Federal Corrections Institute in Loretto prepared to re-enter the workforce.