Remillard Appointed Faculty Athletics Representative

Religious Studies associate professor Art Remillard was recently appointed to serve as the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) by SFU president Rev. Malachi Van Tassel, T.O.R.

Remillard will look to facilitate the work of the University’s Athletics Advisory Board (AAB), while also serving as an intermediary between Saint Francis University (SFU) faculty and athletics department’s administrators and coaches.

A graduate of SFU, Remillard competed on the Red Flash Track and Cross Country teams.

He believes this experience gives him insight into some of the challenges of being a student-athlete.

“I strive to facilitate better and more productive communication between those two sides of campus,” said Remillard. “We do similar things, but do not always converse with each other like we could.”

According to Remillard, 95 percent of the time there is an issue with housing, food or scheduling, it is not exclusive to student-athletes—it also affects the student body as a whole.

“The student-athletes serve as a captive audience that gives us productive feedback on what we could be doing better,” said Remillard.

SFU Director of Athletics Bob Krimmel has worked with Remillard for the past month and appreciates his work ethic.

“His enthusiasm for his new position is contagious,” said Krimmel. “He has hit the ground running.”