Campus “Wired” for Homecoming

Fliers are circulating campus and dates are marked on SFU alumni’s calendars.

Homecoming Weekend, scheduled for Oct. 29-31, is almost upon us.

A kickoff party will be celebrated on Wednesday, Oct. 28, in JFK with several giveaways. There will also be music by Todd Carey and a food truck outside JFK, offering free food to students.

On Thursday night, the popular Casino Night will be held in JFK. This event will include $2,000 worth of prizes that will be given away. Also on Thursday night in JFK, Club 21 will be open for students of legal drinking age.

On Friday night, a bonfire is planned behind JFK and the Do-It-Yourself Committee will be hosting a Homecoming-themed craft night. The “Dancing with the Stars” finale will be also held in JFK Auditorium that evening and Arcade Night will take place in JFK Lounge.

The Homecoming Parade commences on Saturday morning. It will feature the SFU’s marching band, cheerleaders and the dance team, as well as several floats designed by various campus clubs and organizations.

This year’s theme is “WIRED,” according to Homecoming chair Anne Kisak.

Josie Gray, president of the Gamma Sigma Sigma sorority, is looking forward to building a float for the parade under this theme.

“We ended up winning last year’s float competition, so we’re really excited to see what the competition will be like this year,” said Gray.

On Saturday afternoon, the football team will host Sacred Heart. Winners of Homecoming Court will be announced at halftime of the football game, which begins at noon.

Caleb Tresky, a member of this year’s Homecoming committee, said the event connects members of the University family.

“It really brings the Saint Francis community from the past and present together,” said Tresky.

On Saturday night, a dance is scheduled in the Stokes Auxiliary Gym from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.